Friday 23 October 2015

Style Arc Barb's Stretch Pants and another Coco

The Style Arc Barb's Stretch Pants have been the most worn garment in my wardrobe over the last twelve months. I'm really not sure why I have never blogged about them until now, although they have made several sneak appearances in previous posts.

Style Arc Barb's Stretch Pants with boot cut alteration.

The size 12 fitted well straight out of the envelope, without any fit alterations. You may notice that I have added some flare, beginning around knee level and increasing down to the hemline. I prefer the boot cut style over the straight style. Here is a photo taken last year of my first pair of Barb's, made without any alterations.

Style Arc Barb's Stretch Pants without any alterations.
I didn't like the way they seemed to get caught up on my shoes and not sit properly. 

I have made two pairs with the boot cut alteration, one in black and one in navy and these have been on high rotation in my work wardrobe. The fabric is Style Arc's bengaline and has held up extremely well with all the washing and wearing they have been subject to.


The waist band sits quite high on the waist, (much higher than Style Arc's Elle Pants), and I find them very comfortable. The waist band sits very flat and is quite unobtrusive under tops. Please excuse the wrinkles in the photos as these had been worn to work all day. I'm very happy with the fit, considering these are made without any fit alterations.


The fit in the back is quite good too, without too much wrinkling going on. Sorry, this is not my best angle.

Tilly and the Buttons Coco Tunic with Sewaholic Renfrew Cowl
Now, onto the Tilly and the Buttons Coco Tunic. I think I have lost count of how many times I have used this pattern. Definitely money well spent. For this version I borrowed the cowl from the Sewaholic Renfrew. The fabric was a lovely soft drapey knit of unknown composition which worked very well for this top. The cowl is so lovely and cosy.


This combination has been a favourite lately for work. It's just so easy to wear and so comfortable.



Happy Sewing

16 comments:

  1. Such a nice outfit. Those pants are perfect! I really love your necklace too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nakisha. I love my necklace too and it goes with quite a few of my handmade outfits.

      Delete
  2. The whole outfit is lovely. I have some Barb pants and I know what you mean about the legs. Adding a boot cut is inspired. As to the Coco, well it's gorgeous. I adore the colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sue. Adding flare to the hem has certainly made these pants much more wearable for me, in fact I've almost worn them out.

      Delete
  3. Great Barbs, I think I'll have to put this pattern on the wish list. And another great Coco.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fit of these pants is pretty awesome straight out of the envelope, so I definitely recommend them Paola. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  4. I have the Barb pattern, but for some reason haven't as yet made them up - after seeing your bootleg variation I should give them a try at least once I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are you waiting for Kristy? You must make these pants and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. The bootleg alteration is so easy and they would look great on you.

      Delete
  5. I love your classic outfit! They matched each other nicely and you did a lovely work on the pants :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking pants and top and how lucky are you to be able to sew a pair of pants straight out of the envelope!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Diana. This is a great pattern, for me anyway.

      Delete
  7. I love the cowl neckline on your top; such a lovely flattering line to it. The sky blue is a fabulous backdrop to that fun and funky necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too kind Carolyn, thank you. The fabric was lovely and soft and drapey which really suited the cowl.

      Delete
  8. I find the pieces that I love so much forgotten to get blogged about, too. I used to have a pair of harem style trousers that I wore a lot but until the day I gave it away for donation due to overuse, I never had the chance to blog about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we get too busy wearing them, so they don't quite make it to the blog. It's funny because these well loved garments should be at the top of our blogging priorities.

      Delete